Body Composition Testing
Ever had your body composition tested? Want to know how many calories you are using each day to maintain your current weight? How about knowing exactly how much of your body is fat?
At Spring Medical Clinic, we want you to have access to the latest technology in weight loss, so we have a current state of the art body composition measurement machine that gives you a five-page print out in six seconds detailing this and much more. No more under water dunk tanks- no more awkward embarrassing and erroneous caliper "pinch" testing. This new body composition testing equipment replaces the much older "dunk tank" water immersion process and is extremely accurate. It is very much more accurate than the "pinch" body caliper testing too.
We measure your body composition electronically right in our clinic - any day you want without an appointment. You do NOT need to be a weight-loss patient to get this measurement done on yourself. The body composition scale is ideal for athletes, body builders, overweight and obese people starting a weight loss program or wanting to accurately maintain weight loss- it's great for anyone who is interested in their over all body composition and knowing how much fat they have and where it is exactly.
Body Composition Testing Detail:
- $ per test for non-weight loss patients (for weight loss patients, the test is included in the new patient visit).
- Spring Medical Clinic weight loss patients can repeat their test for $ anytime.
- Readings are individualized specific data for each patient.
- Measures Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Measures Resting Energy Expenditure (REE)
- Measures Total Body Fat in pounds and percentages.
- Breaks out Body Fat percentages of your torso, each arm, and each leg to help each patient focus on their specific overweight areas.
- Gives you your Daily Caloric Needs at five different activity levels from very light to very heavy.
- Print out of percent obesity linked to mortality and cancer risks specific to each patient reading.
- No water immersion is needed, clothes remain on for the testing (removal of shoes and socks is all that is required).
- On-site procedure - done everyday the clinic is open with no long waits, giving you a printout of your results immediately to take home with you that same day!